NBC News Digital is seeking a Director of Photography to join our growing Art and Photography department. The Director of Photography will work closely with the Art Directors to create and develop visual direction for the text articles on nbcnews.com and msnbc.com. The cinematographer will oversee and mentor a team of photo editors and collaborate daily with editors and journalists in the digital organization.
- Lead a team of photo editors and manage our team coverage almost 24/7
- Work closely with Creative Direction to set a vision and standard for news and opinion photography on nbcnews.com, msnbc.com and our social platforms
- Provide clear and conceptual guidance and art direction for all photographs on our websites and social platforms
- Order and edit photos from freelance photographers, as well as manage contracts and invoicing
- Propose and manage visual coverage idea projects during breaking news and development, including (but not limited to) working with NBC’s news gathering operation to commission field photographers, original visual narratives, etc.
- Develop and manage Digital relationships with photo agencies and photo sellers
- Work with multiple stakeholders to perform daily and long-term writers’ assignments on a wide range of topics and areas of coverage
- Monitor news agency flows to identify strong images for breaking and developing news articles
- Ensure that use of copyrighted and / or user-generated images complies with NBC rights and permissions protocols
• Experience in managing a team of photo editors and / or
• At least five years of experience as a photo editor in a
• Ability to meet deadlines and adapt to change in a
daily and unpredictable news production environment
• Strong knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
• Must be willing to work in New York City
• Development of press judgment and a solid understanding of
ethics of journalism
• Strong written communication and interpersonal skills
NBCUniversal owns and operates more than 20 different businesses in 30 countries, including a valuable portfolio of information and entertainment television networks, a leading film company, major television production operations, a group of television stations world-class, world-famous theme parks and a premium ad-supported program. streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal is all about inclusion for everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and our impact.
It is NBCUniversal’s policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender identity or expression, age , national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in uniformed services, genetic information or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider qualified applicants with a criminal history for employment in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance For Hiring Order, where applicable.