Altice USA is a leading communications, media and technology company. We connect people to what matters most to them; texting with friends, advertising that resonates, or binge-watching their favorite show. Our differentiated approach is centered on technologies that push the boundaries and deliver the ultimate customer experience. We are building a workforce that attracts and retains the best talent, not only to meet the needs of our clients, but also reflects the diverse communities we serve. We are not the only ones to have seen it; we were recently recognized by Forbes as one of America’s Best Employers as well as by the Human Rights Campaign, DiversityInc Magazine and Cablefax for our diversity and inclusion program.
News 12 is the leader in hyperlocal news, weather, traffic, politics, surveys and more, providing award-winning 24/7 coverage in the Bronx, Brooklyn, Long Island, Connecticut, New Jersey, Westchester and Hudson Valley and available on News12.com and the mobile app. In addition, News 12+ provides 5 local traffic and weather channels. Plus, now you can see the best of News 12 from the Tri-State region in one place with
News 12 NY. 24/7 live streaming on Tubi, PLEX, Vizio, Amazon’s Fire TV news app, Local Now and YouTube.
The Chief Photographer (in WC) directs, guides and supports the photographers, editors and truck operators and the team’s information gathering efforts to ensure the highest journalistic and technical standards.
- Write and conduct annual reviews for WC / Hudson Valley staff.
- Assist in the recruitment, hiring and training of staff.
- Manage photographer / editor schedules to meet coverage needs, including reducing overtime and temporary usage.
- Lead and instill a positive attitude, good temperament and a spirit of collaboration.
- Help establish standard operating procedures (SOPs) to ensure a smooth information gathering process. Oversee the maintenance and organization of all electronic information gathering equipment including cameras, lights, accessories, backpacks, table of contents, mounting hardware and press vehicles. This includes maintenance and vehicle registrations. Work with engineers as needed.
- Troubleshoot and find solutions to technical, equipment and operational problems.
- Assist in planning media coverage and special events in coordination with managers.
- Film and edit content on all platforms (including, but not limited to News 12, News 12.com, News 12+).
- Drive new vehicles and operate production equipment.
- Respond to breaking news and other urgent situations in the newsroom as required.
- Facilitate the submission of applications to regional and national competitions.
- Comply with Altice values, policies and procedures.
Eight years of experience collecting and / or producing television news, preferably
- Exceptional skills in photojournalism.
- Commitment to standards of ethics and journalistic accuracy.
- Knowledge of applicable laws related to information collection.
- Valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
- Proficiency in news production equipment and computers.
- Flexibility to work any assigned shift.
- Carry and lift about 50 pounds of equipment for long periods of time.
Altice USA is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all origins, regardless of gender, race, color, creed, national origin, religion, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local.
Altice USA, Inc. collects personal information about its applicants for employment which may include personal identifiers, professional or employment-related information, photos, educational information and / or classifications protected under federal and state laws. This information is collected for employment purposes, including identification, work authorization, FCRA compliant background checks, human resources administration, and compliance with federal, state and local laws.
Requirements for this position include demonstration of full COVID-19 vaccine status or weekly COVID-19 testing provided by the company.